Mission StatementThe Solano Feral Cat Group is a volunteer based, 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to helping Solano County's homeless cat population. Our mission is to improve the lives of feral and homeless cats living in Solano County by humanely stopping their breeding through Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR). With TNR, feral cats are humanely trapped, spayed/neutered, vaccinated, and returned to their original location. The breeding stops, and the behaviors associated with mating stops (spraying, fighting, yowling). TNR is the only effective, humane, and long term solution in controlling feral cat populations. Our mission is also to protect the welfare of cats, and to promote the humane treatment and well being of these animals by:
- Offering monthly, low cost spay/neuter clinics for feral, stray, and pet cats. Please use this form to request an appointment.
- Solano Feral Cat Group created, funds, and operates the feral cat hotline to assist the community with their feral cat issues. In the past decade, we have assisted thousands of Solano County residents.
- Offering free trap rentals to residents wishing to spay and neuter community cats.
- Educating the public about the plight of stray and feral cats and the need to spay/neuter and microchip pets.
- Support feral cat caretakers and gain recognition of the beneficial role they perform.
- Promote the adoption of long-term, caretaker-based solutions regarding feral cats.
Our vision is to have a community where no kittens are born wild on the street, where no cat capable of living in a home is lacking one, and where no adult feral cats go wanting for food, water, and appropriate care and concern.
PurposeOur purpose and commitment are to:
- Facilitate the work of caretakers in caring for feral cats and controlling feral cat population growth.
- Provide a viable,humane, and cost effective alternative to euthanasia, through TNR and ongoing managed care of unsocialized cats, and adoption of tame cats and kittens.
- Promote community awareness of the responsible care and treatment of animals.
- Decrease the number of cats that are killed at the Solano County Animal Shelter every year.